Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Today has been trying.
I have perfected failure.  I am trying to set up farfari radio.  I have a computer, a mixing board, a microphone, and lots of practice at trouble shooting.  I am still failing.

I think back to all the other first times I tried to do something.  The 1st time I tried to drive a car, the 1st time I tried to dance with a girl, the 1st time I tried to meditate.  Eventually, with the exception of dancing, I generally acquire the skill and think no more of the failure.

farfari can be far harder on himself than he is of others, far less forgiving.  farfari feels trapped that things can be forever at times, not recognizing the transient nature of the fumbling in the dark.  And what is wrong with fumbling in the dark?  It is not a weakness, it is to be human.  I required taking a step back and again remembering, "Show the kindness that you show others".   

It is easy to treat others kindly, it requires action.  

In what ways can we show ourselves that same type of compassion, when the unkind activity that we want to change exists only between our two ears?  

I believe that putting positive actions towards ourselves can be the solutions.  Living inside our heads, or trying to meditate past it has not worked for me.   I often will give myself a pep talk inside my head, briefly, and then move on to something that will engage me in a much more gentle manner.   Navel gazing and philosophizing have their place in figuring out our problems.   For me, when on mental fire, I require a fire hose first.  The fire hose can be exercise, expressing my frustrating experience to my wife or friends,  turning off my brain, or at times even a guided meditation.

I could never believe that I have the answer for what will work for you when you see yourself as a "failure".   See, I have failed again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Solipsist Sunset (feat. DJ No Crust)