Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Humanity

I know someone who believes he has to be perfect and do exactly the right thing , for everyone he encounters, at exactly the right moment, regardless of the situation. 

He believes he should rise above the basic needs of the human soul and body.  He should be able to transcend hunger, sleep, danger, and fear.

He can be superhuman and take care of everyone, completely selflessly without a moment's hesitation!

Is this person alive?  Is this person real?

I say to you he is not real, but a mere figment of my imagination. 

He is my ideal self.

He "should" do quite a bit of things.

When he "should" do things, he ends up doing nothing.

What happens when I let of my ideal self?

I can truly live in the moment.  Enjoying each moment in life, without judgement.

Removal of baggage that weights me down.  

Pure existence and acceptance of my "real" self, who lives in "reality".

I recommend we all try it, myself included.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Solipsist Sunset (feat. DJ No Crust)