Tuesday, January 19, 2021

 Tuning into my senses.

The Acoustic guitar has such a beautiful sound to me.   Hearing it played beautifully mesmerizes me.  I go to another planet.  It is as if, I have left my body.

Cat Stevens music, Jimmy Page's acoustic Led Zeppelin numbers, the Stones. 

All such beautiful music.   I am blessed to have been around such beautiful songs.

When I tune into my other senses I can also accomplish this.

Scents.

Lavender, vanilla, patchouli, peppermint.   All are other worldly when I allow myself to focus on the smell.

Sight

The sky, the earth, the vegetation, our loved ones eyes, our reflection in the mirror can all be wonderful sights to see if we take our time and digest them.

But, why do this when we can look at another post on facebook or doom scroll on twitter?

We must return to kindness and interactions with each other, and not just interact through computer screens.

Wake your senses, leave the digital world, and return to the wonders around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Solipsist Sunset (feat. DJ No Crust)