Monday, December 14, 2020

 About a two years, I was on a driving trip through the New Mexico countryside.

I had stopped and had lunch in small former mining town outside of Santa Fe, named Madrid. 

Madrid has become a beautiful artist community and is just one of the treasures along the Turquoise Trail.

Continuing northward towards Santa Fe through the twisty mountain roads, I next passed a town by tthe name of Cerillos.

Cerillos is home to the Casa Grande trading post, a mining museum, and petting zoo all nestled together next to an overlook with an astonishing view into the valley below.

I went inside, and looked the antiques that adorned the mining museum, feed the goats, and stopped in the gift shop on my way back 

Usually, I am not compelled to purchase knick knacks to remember my journeys, a picture can suffice.  But something, a higher power compelled me to the haphazard box of Catholic prayer medals.

I wear a necklace daily with emblems and medals of spiritual beings of various faiths and religions which have significance to me.  Ganesh, Hamsa, Aum, Tajitua, a Cross, and the Star of David are all mixed togteher hanging loosely on a piece of leather cord that may have cost me a dollar.

I began looking through the medals and one in particular reached out to me to.  I had never heard of the Saint on it.  St. Therese of Lisieux.

I instantly adored the engravement on the front, which to an untrained eye, looked very much like the Virgin Mary holding several dozen roses.  Not knowing it's meaning or who the heck St. Therese of Lisieux was, I had to have it.  I purchased it returned to the car to drive home.

While driving home I begin pondering...What was it about this object that made me desire it so? Why did it call to me in such a powerful way?  

I would soon find out the powerful meaning, the intent of the universe for me to find that item, and how it and she soon connected with me in a deeply personal and profound manner.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Solipsist Sunset (feat. DJ No Crust)